I have worked extensively with individuals around a multitude of issues including: anxiety, depression, relationship problems, sexuality, intimacy difficulties, self-esteem, self-confidence, eating disorders, substance abuse problems, family of origin issues, abuse issues, a sense of isolation or feeling alone and more...
- My approach is non-judgemental and open as I explore your emotional landscape with you. This emotional landscape being your multigenerational family patterns and your sense of yourself coming out of your family experience.
- Being aware of and understanding your emotional patterns, and where you get reactive, is one of the keys toward change beginning. The other is beginning to take action and behaving differently in those situations.
- Of course, all of this takes place within the emotional systems you function within; your family of origin, your relationship, your friendship network and your workplace.
"I believe that the level of differentiation of a person is largely determined by the time he or she leaves the parental family and he or she attempts a life of their own.
Thereafter, they tend to replicate the lifestyle from the parental family
in all future relationships.
As I see it now, the critical stage is passed when the individual can begin to know
the difference between emotional functioning and intellectual functioning,
and when they have developed ways for using that knowledge
for solving future problems in a lifelong effort of their own."
...from clincial experience I can say it is possible to make slow changes, and each small change results in the new 'world' of a different lifestyle.
~ Murray Bowen M.D.
Individuals In Therapy
It's not uncommon for people to feel they are experiencing various symptoms or not functioning at their best.
- How come we function better sometimes and at other times not so well?
- Do you ever wonder how come, between you and your siblings, some seem to do better than others?
- After all, you come from the same family, the same gene pool, so how come?